Sunday, May 13, 2012

Human Dignity at My Brothers Keeper

 

Human Dignity in in its most simple form: MBK


My agency, My Brothers Keeper, not only exemplifies this concept of human dignity, but take pride in doing so. Many people that come into My Brothers Keeper have messed up in their life and maybe got involved with some bad things. But that does not at all affect how we treat them at the agency. They are given just as much respect as they would to anyone else. I felt blessed being able to experience this firsthand. The people working at My Brothers Keeper are some of the most caring people I have ever met.
What I found to be Human Dignity was displayed in its simplest form: genuine conversation. Just talking with people and discussing everyday things I believe represents human dignity. Having conversation with someone implies that one respects them enough to hear what they have to say. I have had numerous conversations with guests at My Brothers Keeper and all have been enjoyable. And I am not the only one doing this, everyone at MBK does it. It is something that makes that agency unique, that they connect with their guest through conversation. And overall, My Brothers Keeper promoted human dignity through the respect they gave to their guests, and everyday conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment